Local News

Garage catches fire, spreads to home in early morning blaze in West Jordan

WEST JORDAN, Utah (News4Utah) - Firefighters from West Jordan, South Jordan and Unified Fire battled an early morning blaze that started in the garage of a West Jordan home Saturday. 

West Jordan Fire Captain Chris Trevino said they were dispatched to the home just before 7 a.m. near 8800 South and 5000 West. As the fire department is close by, they were able to arrive on scene quickly. They could see the heavy smoke as they arrived was coming from the garage. 

The fire was out within 10 minutes Trevino said but not without sustaining $125K-200K in damage. The homeowner received minor cuts getting his son from the home to safely. 

Trevino said they were able to rescue two dogs and a guinea pig from the home in good condition.

 

 

 


More Stories

Latest News

Video Center