UTAH COUNTY (News4Utah)- Fire crews in Utah County have made significant progress on the Pole Creek and Bald Mountain wildfires.
As of Tuesday morning, both fires were more than 50 percent contained.
Saturday morning Utah County officials lifted evacuations for the cities of Elk Ridge and Woodland Hills.
Deputies aks that residents be cautious as they return home since firefighters will still be working in these areas.
These cities will be placed on pre-evacuation status until otherwise notified. Citizens are encouraged to contact their respective cities or visit their city social media and city websites for information regarding any restrictions on activities during pre-evacuation status.
Evacuations in the Covered Bridge, Right Fork Hubble Creek and Diamond Fork areas remain in effect.
Utah County residents are encouraged to opt-in to alerts about the Pole Creek and/or Bald Mountains fires. You can sign up here.
Officials created an interactive map so you can see where your property is in relation to the Pole Creek Fire. Just in type in your address and zoom in and out. See it here.
The following evacuations and closures are still in place:
- Santaquin Canyon is closed.
- Payson Canyon is closed.
- Nebo Loop Road at SR-132 in Nephi Canyon is closed.
- Right Fork Hobble Creek Canyon is closed
US Hwy 89 closure and mandatory evacuation has been lifted and are now PRE-evacuation status. All residents in this area may return to their homes. US Forest Service closures in these areas remain in place and will be enforced.
All residents in the Covered Bridge community near the mouth of Spanish Fork Canyon
Diamond Fork, Sheep Creek, and Right Fork Hobble Creek Canyon.
- For residents in these areas who have urgent need to get to their home (For medications or to remove pets or livestock, for example), access points are set up at 11200 S Woodland Hills Drive for Woodland Hills, and 11200 S Elk Ridge Drive (1600 West) for Elk Ridge. Access to Covered Bridge may not be available because of ongoing fire operations. A deputy will escort those who have these needs.
- Left Fork Hobble Creek Canyon is under a PRE-evacuation notice. (“Be ready in case” status.)
- Due to the progress and relative containment of the Pole Creek Fire, the area around the reservoir and gun club, commonly known as Spanish Oaks, is NO LONGER UNDER PRE EVACUATION. Although the status has changed, residents in this area should remain aware of the fire and its progress. If there is a need for a future status change, we will communicate with you again. Please visit www.spanishfork.org/fireinfo for other fire updates.
Utah County officials will update evacuation orders at http://www.utahcounty.gov/.
STEPS TO TAKE IF YOU’RE UNDER PRE-EVACUATION NOTICE
- Gather emergency kits, including food, water, medications, and clothing
- Collect any important documents, including deeds, titles, identification, etc.
- Take pictures of each room in your house, as well as any vehicles that may be left on the property. This will help with any potential insurance claims.
MAIL DELIVERY IMPACTED
The U.S. Postal Service is advising that any residents of the Elk Ridge, Payson Canyon, Covered Bridge, Birdseye and Eagle Landing areas forced to evacuate their homes because of the Pole Creek Wildfire may pick up their mail at alternate locations until further notice.
Elk Ridge and Payson Canyon areas pick up mail at:
Payson Post Office
955 E. 100 North
Weekday hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Saturdays 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Covered Bridge area pick up mail at:
Spanish Fork Post Office
165 E. 900 North
Weekday hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and Saturdays 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Birdseye and Eagle Landing area pick up mail at:
Mt. Pleasant Post Office
55 N. 100 West
Weekday hours: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and Saturdays 9 a.m. to noon
Customers are asked to present photo identification when picking up their mail.
PHOTOS: Pole Creek & Bald Mountain Fires
This is a developing story. Updates will be posted as they become available.
TOOELE COUNTY (News4Utah) - A handgun found by treasure hunters…
SALT LAKE CITY (News4Utah) - Something didn't add up for Michael Gunn…
HERRIMAN (News4Utah) - A video making the rounds on social media is…