66°F
Sponsored by

Two dead from carbon monoxide poisoning in West Jordan home

WEST JORDAN, Utah (ABC 4 Utah) --Two carpet cleaners who were found unconscious in a West Jordan home Saturday night have died, according to police.
WEST JORDAN, Utah (ABC 4 Utah) --Two carpet cleaners who were found unconscious in a West Jordan home Saturday night have died, according to police.

The victims, identified as Jose Lito Solorzano and Maria Lopez-Ladaverde, were taken to the hospital in critical condition after they were found unconscious inside the home.

West Jordan Fire Chief Marc McElreath said a neighbor called 911 initially reporting a house fire at 6057 W. Miners Mesa Dr. (6920 South), but when emergency responders arrived they instead found two adults unconscious inside the house while a van from a cleaning company was left running inside an attached garage.

Initial information indicates the two were employees of the carpet cleaning company who used the van to run their carpet cleaning equipment. McElreath said the van was running inside the garage while the door was closed, which may have lead to carbon monoxide poisoning.

McElreath said both of the victims were transported to Jordan Valley Medical Center in "extremely critical" condition. As of Saturday night, firefighters were still clearing the residence to make sure it was safe for West Jordan Police to conduct a more detailed investigation.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus
local-businesses.png
cars.png dixie-local.jpg

Popular Stories on Facebook