San Antonio airport reopens after bomb threat

San Antonio airport reopens after bomb threat

SAN ANTONIO (AP) - Operations are back to normal at San Antonio International Airport after a bomb threat temporarily cleared out the terminals.
SAN ANTONIO (AP) - Operations are back to normal at San Antonio International Airport after a bomb threat temporarily cleared out the terminals.

Airport spokesman Rich Johnson says no suspicious items were found in an intensive search Wednesday aided by bomb-sniffing dogs. He says the "all clear" was declared about 5 p.m.

The airport was shut down and its terminals evacuated after an unknown person called around 2:30 p.m., saying three explosive packages had been left in the parking garage.

About 2,000 passengers in the terminal were herded onto the tarmac for about 1½ hours. Flights were not allowed to land and roads to and from the airport were closed.

Passengers said the evacuation was well-organized and most people were calm, and water was provided to evacuees standing outside in the hot sun.

(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)


SLC flights affected

Departures from SLC:

Delta/SkyWest 940 a.m., 1:50 p.m.

Delta 8:10 p.m.

Arrivals:

Delta/SkyWest 4:00 p.m., 9:00 p.m., 11:00 p.m.

Southwest 7:00, 8:30 p.m.


Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus