Bacon Pancake on a Stick
1 C. all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
1 C. buttermilk
6 slices bacon
¼ C. maple syrup
Butter for cooking
1. Skewer the bacon on bamboo skewers.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 375 F and cook the bacon until crisp.
3. Remove the bacon from the pan and place onto a plate lined with a paper towel.
4. In medium bowl combine the dry ingredients.
5. Use a fork to mix them together, then add the egg and buttermilk.
6. Whisk until the batter is smooth.
7. Baste the cooked bacon with some of the maple syrup.
8. Heat a sauté pan on medium heat, place a small piece of butter and allow it to melt until bubbly.
9. Dip the bacon into the batter, place into the sauté pan and cook until golden brown on both sides.
The Triple B (Bacon Breakfast Bowl)
1 lb. bacon
1 bag hash browns
1 large muffin tin
1 red bell pepper (small dice)
1 green bell pepper (small dice)
1 onion (small dice)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. Cut the sliced bacon in half so you have a total of 24 short pieces.
3. Use the bacon to create a bowl in each muffin cup basket weave the bacon in the bottom of the cup and up the sides.
4. Add 1 tsp. of red and green bell peppers along with 1 tsp. onion to each bacon-lined cup.
5. Add enough hash browns to fill the cup half way.
6. Place into the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, and then remove. This will have precooked the bacon along with its filling.
7. Break 1 egg over each bacon bowl, then place back into the oven and finish cooking 6 to 8 minutes.
8. You can also scramble the eggs and pour into the bacon bowl. This method would only require 6 eggs.
½ lb. chopped bacon
16 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
8 oz. shredded Swiss cheese
2 Tbs. flour
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. black pepper
1 clove garlic (minced)
1 12 oz. can or bottle beer (PBR is my preference)* See substitutions below
1 dash hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco®)
Mixed fruit (medium dice)
French bread loaf (medium dice)
1. In a medium saucepan cook the bacon over medium heat. This will allow the fat to melt and create liquid in the pan. Cook stirring constantly for 8 minutes, if the bacon starts to darken and the fat begins to pop turn the heat down.
2. Add the flour and cheese to the pan, keep stirring so the cheese doesn't burn. Once the cheese has started to melt, add the remaining items.
3. Continue stirring until the sauce begins to thicken and feel smooth.
4. Transfer the cheese sauce to a fondue pot set on medium heat and serve with chunks if crusty bread and mixed fruit.
*If you prefer not to cook with alcohol you can always substitute with some other flavored liquid such as:
Apple cider for Beer
White or Red grape juice for White Wine or Red Wine
Any flavor of Stock
Get all the supplies to make these yummy recipe at Harmons Grocery. Find the nearest Harmons here!