Recipe Name: Fresh Pasta with Porcini Mushrooms & artichokes
- 4 oz. fresh fettuccini pasta
- 1 cup porcini broth
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 Tbsp. green peas
- 2 Tbsp. artichoke hearts
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
- 1 Tbsp. porcini mushrooms
- ½ tsp. garlic
- 1½ Tbsp. sage
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. pecorino cheese
- For the broth bring two cups of water to a boil. Drop in 1 cup of dried porcini mushrooms and reduce to a low simmer. Let the mushrooms simmer for around 20 minutes or until they are soft. When the mushrooms are finished remove from the broth and reserve for the sauce.
- In a sauté pan heat the oil and add in the garlic. Add the artichoke hearts and mushrooms and sauté for around 1 minute.
- Add in the porcini broth, vegetable stock, white wine and cheese and allow the sauce to thicken slightly.
- While the sauce is reducing bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add in a pinch of salt to the water. Toss the pasta into the water and let cook for around 2-3 minutes and check for doneness. When the pasta is done pour into a colander to drain.
- Add the pasta into the pan with the sauce along with the chopped sage, peas, and black pepper and toss together..
- To plate place the pasta in the middle of the plate. Toss the toasted pine nuts around the pasta and shave some of the pecorino cheese over the top.
- For a little added protein you can add grilled, shrimp, salmon, or chicken.
Copyright 2014 abc4.com Nexstar Broadcasting, All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.