Marinated Flank Steak with Grilled Radicchio and Peaches with Balsamic Reduction
- 1½ Lbs. flank steak
- 2 heads radicchio
- 4 peaches
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1½ Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- To remove the seeds from the pomegranate, cut in half and hit the back of the pomegranate with a spoon until all of the seeds have been removed. Repeat this with the second half.
- Place the flank steak in the marinade. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
- While the flank steak is marinating pour the balsamic vinegar into a sauce pot and bring to a simmer. Let reduce by half until it sticks to the back of a spoon and has the consistency of a glaze.
- Cut the peaches lengthwise twist and remove the pit. Rub lightly with oil and place on a medium high grill. Cook for around one minute or until the peaches have grill marks.
- Cut the heads of the radicchio in half. Remove the core and rub lightly with oil. Place on the grill for around one minute just until the radicchio starts to wilt.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and place on a medium high grill. Let cook for around 3-4 minutes and turn over and cook another 3-4 minutes or until cooked.
- While the steak is cooking heat the oil in a sauté pan. Roughly chop the radicchio into large chunks and toss in the pan. Sauté the radicchio for around a minute and a half. Add in the grilled peaches, apple cider vinegar, pomegranate seeds, honey, salt and pepper and cook for another 30 seconds.
- To plate, place the radicchio and peach mixture in a line down the plate. Slice the Steak on a bias and fan on top of the radicchio. Finally zig zag the balsamic reduction across the steak and radicchio and sprinkle some of the extra pomegranate seeds around the plate.
Flank Steak Marinade
- ½ cup dry sherry
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. garlic
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup parsley
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl until combined.