Fire That Burned Lindon Warehouse, Home Ruled Accidental

Fire That Burned Lindon Warehouse, Home Ruled Accidental

The fire that destroyed an historic Utah County landmark and a nearby house last week ignited as the result of an accident, authorities announced Tuesday.
LINDON (ABC 4 News) - The fire that destroyed an historic Utah County landmark and a nearby house last week ignited as the result of an accident, authorities announced Tuesday.

Flames started at the Patch's Majestic Metals warehouse -- located at 475 North State Street in Lindon -- on Feb. 6. The fire engulfed the entire warehouse and an attached residential house, officials said. Both structures were completely destroyed. Another nearby house was also evacuated but sustained no fire damage.

Tuesday, authorities from Lindon and Orem concluded that the fire started as a result of an accident. Investigators said that combustible materials were placed too close to radiant space heaters, and that was the source of the ignition.

The warehouse was a staple on State Street in Lindon for more than 70 years. At the time of the fire, the building was being leased by furniture importer Ensign Group International.

Officials said the warehouse was stocked with cardboard boxes, wooden furniture, and other highly combustible materials. In addition to the warehouse and the residence, an overhead crane belonging to the building's owner was also destroyed.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus