Craft master Lisa Berrett brought in a great craft today that is fun to make and even more fun to play with. Gather up your supplies because it is time to make PVC Bow and Arrows!
- ½ inch PVC pipe
- Duct Tape
- Pipe glue
- Nylon Rope
- Foam pipe covers
- Embossing tool
- Sand paper
- Cut your pipe into 3 equal pieces
- Heat up the PVC pipe in the middle it only takes a few minutes. Next bend it to the shape that you want be careful it’s HOT!
- Cut your Foam pipe cover about 6 inches and slide onto the Bow.
- Cut a one inch notch into the ends of the pipe. Next place the knot into the notch. Pull tight and make sure the end won’t slip or come out.
- Sand the edges where you cut the PVC pipe so it’s smooth.
- Cut enough string so you have enough to tie a knot at each end of the bow and burn it so it won’t fray.
- Wrap Duct tape around each end of the Bow over the string so it won’t pop out.
- Add Duct tape around the foam so it keeps it in place. Now you can decorate your bow any way you like.
- I cut my dowels into 16 inches that seems to work good
- For the ends of the Arrow I glued on erasers and cut a notch in the other end to fit on my string.
- One 10’ pipe will make 3 bows. Cut it into three equal pieces.
- Pull your string really tight and leave extra just in case you need to tighten it later.
- It takes lots of practice but you will master it and have hours of fun.