- 8 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 12-15 strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 1 passion fruit, cut into large cubes or slices
- 3 kiwis, peeled and med diced
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly brush with oil.
- In stand mixer, with whisk attachment, beat the egg whites and cream of tarter on medium-high speed until medium peaks form.
- Continue whisking while slowly adding the granulated sugar.
- Beat for another 8-10minutes. Sugar will dissolve and egg whites will become shiny and firm.
- Scoop mixture into a circle shape on to the middle of cookie sheet.
- Use a small spatula to create a decorative design.
- Carefully place in oven.
- Bake for 1 ½ hours, or until firm to the touch.
- Turn off the oven and prop the oven door.
- Allow the Pavlova to cool completely in the oven.
- When ready to serve place on decorative plate and carefully decorate with fresh fruit.
- If desired, Pavlova may be served with fresh whipped cream. Spoon into the center of Pavlova, then decorate with fresh fruit.
Copyright 2014 good4utah.com Nexstar Broadcasting, All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.