Police and fire were called to 294 West 200 North where they found the living room on the first floor on fire. The fire spread to the second floor.
No one was home at the time. The family’s dog was able to escape unharmed.
The family, two parents and four children, have been displaced and are receiving help from Utah Red Cross and family who live in the area.
The case is still under investigation, but investigators are also looking into the possibility of an electrical issue as the cause of the fire.