In 2002 the Utah Olympic Park was a major venue for the Winter Olympic Games. Today, the venue is still a training center for several events.
The combination of the "greatest snow on Earth" and the Olympic training venues makes Park City, Utah and surrounding cities a perfect home for many athletes. Here's a final list of athletes headed to the Olympics this year. They are either from Utah or currently living here:
- Ted Ligety -- Park City -- Alpine Skiing
- Megan McJames - Park City -- Alpine Skiing
- Nathan Chen - Salt Lake City -- Figure Skating
- Jerica Tandiman - Kearns -- Long track speed skating
- Madison Olsen - Park City -- Freestyle Aerials
- Rosie Brennan -- Park City -- Cross Country Skiing
- Taylor Morris -- Salt Lake City -- Luge
- Sarah Hendrickson - Salt Lake City -- Ski Jumping
- Abby Ringquist - Salt Lake City -- Ski Jumping
- Faye Gulini - Salt Lake City -- Snowboard Cross
- McRae Williams -- Park City -- Freesking
- Jared Goldberg -- Alpine Skiing (Born in Boston)
- Chris Fogt -- Bobsled (Born in Florida)
- Will Rhoads -- Ski Jumping (Born in New Hampshire)
- Lana Gehring -- Short track speed skating (Illinois)
The games begin February 8th. Best of luck to team USA!!!
Kierra Dotson and Dana Greene contributed to this story.
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (News4Utah) - Twenty-six million pounds of dirt…
SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 Sports) - Donovan Mitchell scores 33 points to…
SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 Sports) - Ricky Rubio downplayed Russell…