- 6 Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbs corn starch
- Juice from one lemon
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 puff pastry
- Peel, core, and slice the apples. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over apples so they don't brown.
- Mix all dry ingredients together including the raisins, then add apples.
- Mix just until evenly incorporated and the dry ingredients become wet.
- Prepare a sheet pan with parchment paper that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Prepare 1 sheet of puff pastry dough on your cookie sheet and cutting 2 inch slits every inch along both sides of the dough.
- Pour the prepared apple filling down the middle of the dough and shape evenly leaving an inch of dough on each end.
- Wrap the ends of the dough around the apple filling and proceed to braid the dough by folding the one side over the middle alternating sides.
- Once braided, prepare an egg wash by whisking 1 egg with 1 teaspoon of water and brush over the top and sides of the strudel. Sprinkle with a little cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees (375 degrees if you have a convection oven)
- Bake the prepared strudel for 40-45 minutes until it is a nice golden brown and the middle is nice and hot. Let cool and serve!
ADMISSION IS ALWAYS FREE!
The hosts got to try some yummy treats that will be at this year’s Annual Snowbird Oktoberfest…and you can try them too! Oktoberfest is going on right now, with lots of fun events and great cuisine!
August 16 – October 12, 2014 (Saturdays, Sundays and Labor Day)
NEW OR RETURNING THIS YEAR
DATE: August 16, 2014 TIME: 2 p.m.
START: Outside the Event Tent FINISH: Outside the Event Tent
COST: $10 – proceeds go to Wasatch Adaptive Sports
RULES: Runners must be in some kind of an Oktoberfest costume. Each runner will get an Oktoberfest mug with a certain amount of liquid in it. They will run with the mug and the first one across the finish line with the right amount of liquid will win!
Big Mountain Trail – Tram Access Mountain Biking
COST: $19 – 3 Hours of Tram Access Mtn. Biking
TRAIL INFO: New for 2014 is the Big Mtn. Trail at Snowbird. This is an intermediate level mountain biking trail that begins atop Hidden Peak (11,000 ft) and descends seven-and-a-half miles down to the Deck Plaza. The mountain bike trail offers breathtaking views of Little Cottonwood Canyon, mountain bike rentals are also available at Snowbird.
Military Appreciation Weekends
DATES: August 16, 17, 23 & 24, 2014 TIME: noon-6 p.m.
COST: Free Tram rides with military i.d. for active and retired military and immediate family.
Chickadee Music Stage
DATES: August 16 – September 28, 2014 (Sat, Sun& Labor Day) TIMES: 2-5 p.m.
Listen to the Alp Horns echo from atop Hidden Peak. Performance time is 3:15 p.m. during Oktoberfest.
Family Activities at Oktoberfest – All Day Activities Passes Start at just $46 a Day!
All-Day Activities Pass includes unlimited access to:
Aerial Tram Peruvian Chairlift and Tunnel
Climbing Wall Bungee Trampoline
Vertical Drop Kids Inflatables
Alpine Slide Mountain Flyer
Ropes Course Mountain Coaster
FOR MORE OKTOBERFEST INFORMATION AND SNOWBIRD FAMILY ACTIVITIES PLEASE VISIT