Lemonade Vinaigrette with XyloSweet®
Lemon freshness with a mild sweetness that evokes memories of summery lemonade.
Zest from 1 lemon or lime
¼ cup fresh lemon juice or lime juice
1 Tbsp white or rice wine vinegar
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
¾ cup canola or light vegetable oil
3 Tbsp XyloSweet® xylitol granules
1½ tsp water
Sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Put all ingredients except XyloSweet and water in a blender.
2. Blend on high until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed and sauce is smooth.
3. In order to maintain a smooth consistency in the finished dressing, mix XyloSweet with water in small, microwave-safe dish. Heat for 30 to 40 seconds until xylitol is thoroughly dissolved.
4. While xylitol mixture is still hot, carefully add it into the blender with the other ingredients and blend thoroughly.
5. Adjust spice levels or sweetness by adding additional ingredients to taste.
6. Dressing can be used immediately or cover and refrigerate for later usage (may need to stir the dressing to re-blend the ingredients since some separation may occur).
This dressing works well over mixed greens or can be used as dressing on steamed asparagus or other vegetables.