Man saves dog from burning home

- MURRAY, Utah (ABC 4 News) - Zach Brown woke up to thick smoke and flames in his Murray home. He ushered his family out and didn't think twice about running back into the flames and smoke to save his dog.

Her name is Kula. She was hiding underneath a crib in the living room. Zach grabbed her and rushed back outside.

Fire crews found him with a garden hose inside his home and had to remove him from inside.

He was rushed to Intermountain Medical Center in Murray with third degree burns to his face and smoke inhalation.

He was removed from the intensive care unit shortly after he was admitted to the hospital, but remained in critical condition several hours after the fire.

  • Weather Ball
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Email Signup
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Weather School
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Download ABC4Utah Apps
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News

Video Center