The incident happened at 1100 North 400 East.
Officials closed the area from 1100 North and between 800 West and 1100 West, and asked the public to avoid the area.
The incident took place at a water treatment building, where a worker inhaled some fumes from some sort of acid spill. The worker was transported to a local hospital for treatment.
There are no homes in the area.
Stay tuned to ABC 4 News and ABC4.com for updates on this story.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.