South Davis Metro Fire Chief Jeff Bassett said the fire started in the basement of one of the four-plex's units at 4247 S. Highway 89. No one was home at the time.
Bassett said a family came home and heard the apartment's smoke detector going off. They then discovered that the basement was on fire. The unit where the fire originated is uninhabitable, and the other three units sustained smoke and water damage. The inhabitants of all four units were displaced Sunday night.
Utah Red Cross was assisting on the scene. Seven people were provided with food and shelter Sunday night, and the remaining four did not need any assistance.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.