Clearfield High School evacuated over bad smell

- CLEARFIELD, Utah (ABC 4 News) - A backed up kitchen drain line forced the evacuation of the main campus building at Clearfield High School Thursday morning.

School officials originally reported that a sewer line break was caused by some back up in the pipes.

They later clarified that it was a grease trap clog in the kitchen that caused a bad smell to go throughout the main building.

The evacuation was expected to last about an hour as maintenance crews repaired the grease trap.

All students attending classed in the main building were evacuated to the field house.

School was expected to resume once repairs have been completed.



More Stories

Don't Miss

  • Weather Ball
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Email Signup
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Weather School
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Download ABC4Utah Apps
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News

Video Center