Clearfield High School evacuated over bad smell

Published 11/01 2012 09:44AM

Updated 11/01 2012 10:28AM

Clearfield High School
Clearfield High School
CLEARFIELD, Utah (ABC 4 News) - A backed up kitchen drain line forced the evacuation of the main campus building at Clearfield High School Thursday morning.

School officials originally reported that a sewer line break was caused by some back up in the pipes.

They later clarified that it was a grease trap clog in the kitchen that caused a bad smell to go throughout the main building.

The evacuation was expected to last about an hour as maintenance crews repaired the grease trap.

All students attending classed in the main building were evacuated to the field house.

School was expected to resume once repairs have been completed.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Sponsored by:

Featured Coupon