January 17 is officially Ditch Your New Year's Resolutions Day. While many Americans begin the new year with the best intentions, the motivation to achieve those New Year's resolutions often fizzles out. VASA Fitness sets out to help its clients and others in the community overcome the mid-January slump by offering several tips to maintain enthusiasm for their fitness goals.
Layne Nordquist, a personal trainer with Vasa Fitness, shares some tips on how not to give up on you New Year's fitness goals.
Tips to sticking to those fitness goals:
- Start small and set realistic goals
- Find a workout partner for motivation and accountability
- Look into personal training, even if it's just a few sessions
- Avoid boredom in the gym by varying workouts
- Understand fatigue and when to cut back on training
- Find ways to think positively about exercise
- Listen to your favorite music to pump you up
- Note how exercise makes you feel and focus on those good feelings
VASA offers one-on-one personal training sessions to help provide structure to workouts and give clients a better idea of how to set realistic goals. T.E.A.M. (Together Everyone Achieves More) training is a method used to inspire motivation within a group setting. Clients receive personalized training, while exercising in a lively group atmosphere. VASA also offers a variety of amenities like basketball courts, swimming, free-weights, a variety of machines, and fitness classes to mix up an exercise routine.
HOLLADAY, Utah (ABC 4 News) - It's been nearly a decade since the old…
Law enforcement agencies have responded to dozens of crashes with the…
OGDEN, UT (ABC4 UTAH) When a firefighter dies in the line of duty -…