The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has contributed $5 million to various charities across the country that resettle refugees.
$3.8 million worth of in-kind donations were given along with $1.2 million in cash.
Donations were made to the following charities:
- Church World Service (New York, NY)
- Episcopal Migration Ministries (New York, NY)
- Ethiopian Community Development Council (Arlington, VA)
- Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society (Potomac, MD)
- International Rescue Committee (New York, NY)
- Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Services (Baltimore, MD)
- U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (Washington, DC)
- US Committee for Refugees & Immigrants (Arlington, VA)
- World Relief Corporation (Baltimore, MD)
Presiding Bishop Gérald Caussé who oversees the Church's global welfare and humanitarian aid efforts said, “As followers of Jesus Christ, we are called to bear our neighbors’ burdens and provide them with refuge from the storms of life." Bishop Caussé said the local organizations know the needs of their communities. "Along with our prayers, we provide this support to help them respond to the needs in communities across the nation.”
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (News4Utah)- A new arcade bar is now open in…
SALT LAKE CITY (News4Utah) – Paul Casper Merrill, CEO and President…
PROVO (News4Utah)- A man is behind bars after a 4-month-old baby died…