KEARNS, Utah (ABC4 Utah) - 26 year old Talysha Wing died suddenly Thursday morning nearly two weeks after she was rescued from a fire at her home in Kearns. She passed away the day she was scheduled to leave the hospital.
Tasha Harding is Wing's cousin, and couldn't believe she died so suddenly. The family says she took a turn for the worse Wednesday after developing pneumonia related to her smoke inhalation which led to septic shock.
"Dying two days before her birthday is kind of hard on all of us," said Harding.
Boyce Thompson was especially saddened by Wing's death because he was hoping to meet her once she left the hospital.
"I was honestly hoping that I would be able to shake her hand, give her a hug, and say good job and keep going," said Thompson. "But you know unfortunately things happen."
Thompson is credited with saving her life after pulling her from the home on fire and performing CPR after she stopped breathing.
Although Thompson said he doesn't see himself as a hero, Wing's family said he was. Harding said the gift he gave them was incredible.
"The person that had saved her life we are thankful that they gave us another week with her," said Harding.
Wing's children and family had the chance to visit with her over the last week according to Harding. The family has set up a GoFundMe account to help pay for her funeral services.
UPDATE: 6:36 a.m.: Salt Lake City Police say there is no thrid…
After a contentious open house meeting Wednesday night, Draper City…
AMERICAN FORK, Utah (ABC 4 News) - An American Fork teen could be…