11/14/2017 - In just over a week, we will all sit down for Thanksgiving dinner. While the holiday is all about food, we need to be careful not to totally overdo it. Anni McKinnon, a nutritionist with the Salt Lake County Health Department, joined Emily Clark with some ideas to make sure you enjoy the holiday, but to be smart about it.
McKinnon shared some tips for going into the dinner:
- Survey all your options - look at all the food offered at your gathering and choose your favorites. No need to eat things you don't enjoy.
- Enjoy every bite - slow down and focus on the smell, taste, and texture of your meal and stop when you are full.
- Use a small plate - most often, filling up a small plate will satiate you. You can always go back for seconds.
- Sit by others who are making healthy choices - empty calorie foods will be less desirable.
- Do not buy extra snacks - chances are, there will be plenty of holiday snacks brought to your house, to work, or to social events.
Visit the Salt Lake County Health Department's web page for more tips and helpful information at SLCO.org/health.
Return to winter, finally.
SALT LAKE COUNTY, Utah (News4Utah) – Interstate 15 was shut down…
GMU asks for you. This week we're giving you a bonus edition of…