John Gleason with the Utah Department of Transportation shares what construction projects Utah drivers need to plan for this weekend.
- Work is going full speed on Bangerter Highway near 70th South, where crews are building a new freeway-style interchange. Crews are working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to get the interchange opened in time for the holiday season.
- Traffic is shifted, and lane closures are scheduled every day except during the morning and evening commute. You might experience some minor delays, especially on weekends.
- Later this summer, crews will start construction on three more Bangerter interchanges at 54th South, 90th South, and 114th South. This is all part of UDOT's number one project this year - building these four new freeway-style interchanges on Bangerter Highway at the same time.
- The long-term plan is to keep building interchanges on Bangerter to help meet the growing transportation needs on the west and south sides of the Valley.
- At the south interchange in Murray, crews are working on a project to replace a weatherproof coating on our freeway bridges and exit ramps.
- The ramp from northbound I-15 to westbound I-215 will be down to one lane this weekend from Saturday night through Monday morning.
- Please allow yourself extra time to get onto I-215 this Sunday. This project will continue through the fall on bridges and exit ramps at nearly 40 locations all around the valley.
- On the east bench, UDOT wants to remind drivers about some long-term ramp closures on I-80.
- The exits from eastbound and westbound I-80 to Foothill Drive are both closed for up to four months. Workers are reconstructing several bridges along Foothill Drive.
- There is a detour in place - you can get on the I-215 east belt instead and follow the signs to get to Foothill. But your best bet is to exit much earlier and use an alternate route. Or better yet, Rethink Your Trip, and use transit, or work from home.
Remember that construction schedules are always changing due to weather, equipment, or other issues. For the latest information to help plan your trip, visit the UDOT Traffic website at udottraffic.utah.gov. Or, download the UDOT Traffic smartphone app.
Thanksgiving is over. That means it's the most wonderful time of the…
Thanksgiving weekend is the perfect time to take the family to a…
LEHI, Utah (ABC4 Utah)- Doors opened just around 5 a.m. Friday at…