If you live in Lindon, you don't want to drink the water right now.
"Our regularly scheduled testing of our water system had discovered that there had been an infiltration of E.coli bacteria," said Cody Cullimore, Lindon City Chief of Police.
City leaders don't know how the city’s water supply became contaminated, but they do know it's a big problem.
"It appears at this time to be city wide," said Cullimore.
Everyone in Lindon city limits is being encouraged to boil their drinking water for at least one minute. But several businesses in Lindon don't want to risk it. So until further notice they're closing their doors.
"It's too big of a risk, especially if somebody drank water in their own house and then they came back and said Magleby's did it, there's no way to prove it wasn't us," said Lance Gillman, Manager, Magleby’s Fresh of Lindon.
As you can guess hungry customers are walking away disappointed.
"That's kind of sad," said Murlene Watkins, customer.
"We need to find a different restaurant for my birthday party," said Sylvia Allan, customer.
For store owners like Ted Hansen who runs the Juice Press, the E.coli water contamination is killing his opportunity for profits.
"People on a hot day over 100 degrees, we could be selling smoothies outside the door there, and today we're not selling anything," said Ted Hansen, Juice Press, family owns the store.
Businesses aren't the only ones who are dealing with the fallout from this. City leaders said to clean up the water they have to flush out the entire water system, and disinfect every water tank, pipes… you name it. So far they have no idea how long that's going to take.
Follow Brian Carlson on Twitter: @briancarlsontv