Juan Diego student dies after electrocution

Juan Diego student dies after electrocution

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 NEWS) - After more than a week in a hospital Adam Colosimo, a sophomore at Juan Diego Catholic School, died Tuesday evening.
SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 NEWS) - After more than a week in the hospital, Adam Colosimo, a sophomore at Juan Diego Catholic School, died Tuesday evening.

Colosimo was on a roof when he received an electrical shock and fell off. His cousins called 911 and resuscitated him until help arrived.

Colosimo was rushed to the hospital where his days-long fight began. School officials say Colosimo suffered an embolism - a blood clot reaching his heart - and he died at 3:30 p.m.

The entire front lawn of Juan Diego was packed with people Tuesday evening.

Molly Dumas was mourning the loss, along with friends and family.

"As you can imagine this is a tough one, the Colosimo family have been wonderful leaders in our community," said Dumas. "Adam's uncle is the principal of this school it's a really hard thing for our community."

This is the first student death at Juan Diego.

The school plans on holding a mass for Colosimo soon.

Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus