CHOCOLATE HAUPIA PIE
1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell
1 (14 oz) can coconut milk
1 cup sugar
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 cup water
7 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup sugar
chocolate shavings for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake crust for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Set aside to cool. In a medium saucepan, whisk together milk, coconut milk and sugar.
2. In a separate bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in water. Bring coconut mixture to a boil.
Reduce to simmer and slowly whisk in the cornstarch.
3. Continue sitrring mixture over low heat until thickened.
4. In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips for 1 minute or until melted. Reserve 1/2 of the coconut mixture.
Mix remaining half with the melted chocolate and pour in bottom of pie crust;
pour reserved half on top of chocolate layer. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
5. Whip cream with 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form. Layer the cream on pie;
if desired garnish with chocolate shavings. Best if refrigerates overnight to completely firm.