Dr. Catherine Coles with Davis Hospital and Medical Center talks more about why maintaining a healthy weight is important.
It is important to maintain a healthy weight for disease prevention and heart health.
- Obesity is increasing
- Americans are developing health problems related to weight.
-The most common health problems are high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and type 2 diabetes which can be potentially deadly.
You can make a healthy lifestyle change by:
- follow a healthy diet
- be physically active
- maintain a healthy weight
- know your numbers (for blood pressure and blood sugars)
- quit smoking
- manage stress
- set realistic goals
Living with heart disease:
- heart disease is chronic so it's important to maintain your heart health.
- keep your heart healthy by scheduling regular check-ups, working with a nutritionist to change eating habits, set up an exercise plan, take prescribed medications, seek support
Always speak to your physician before starting a new regimen.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.