Sweet Potato Blueberry Cookies
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup golden syrup or rice syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup sweet potato, diced and cooked
- 2 ¾ cups flour
- ¾ cup quinoa flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease baking sheet.
- In stand mixer, with paddle attachment, cream butter and syrup together until light and fluffy.
- Scrape sides of bowl.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add sweet potato and lightly mix.
- It is ok for the sweet potatoes to still be chunky.
- In separate bowl combined flour, quinoa flour, baking soda, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg and salt and mix.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Cream just until dough comes together.
- Remove from mixer.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Scoop onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 1 minute on tray.
- Remove from tray to finish cooling.
Avocado Chocolate Pudding
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup honey or rice syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Topping Ingredients (Optional)
- 1 cup crushed chocolate graham crackers
- ½ cup pistachios, ground
- Combine almond milk, avocados, cocoa, vanilla and almond extract, and salt into your blender and puree on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides with a spatula
- Transfer the pudding to glasses or jars and chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Enjoy plain or for an extra treat top with ground pistachios and graham crackers.
The Younger You airs Thursday, May 15 at 9:30 p.m. on CW30 and will be shown again on ABC4 Saturday, May 17 at 4:30 p.m.
Visit www.TheYoungerYou.tv for more information and to stay up to date on the latest beauty and health trends