The event includes:
- •Ski Race from 10-12 with Steve, and other professional athletes, Olympians and para-Olympians.
- •Dinner at The Cliff Lodge that evening with a live and silent auction. Start at 5:30 am. Mingle with Steve and other professional athletes, Olympians and para-Olympians. Country Music performer Chance McKinney
- •Wasatch Adaptive Sports provides year round educational and therapeutic recreation for children, adults and Veterans with special needs. Wasatch Adaptive Sports, is a 501 (c)(3) charitable foundation, that was established in 1977 by Peter Mandler.
•The mission of our Veterans program is to promote healing, health and well-being among war-era combat Service Members and Veterans coping with military related physical, cognitive and emotional difficulties. Our goal is to restore their sense of reverence and connection with the outdoors, to allow them to recapture a range of emotions and to encounter safe, meaningful challenges and to enjoy natural settings that promote trust with others.
We continue this mission on a daily basis here at Wasatch Adaptive Sports. We have seen tremendous healing take place. Our Veterans are regaining trust in others. They are enjoying camaraderie with other Veterans, something lacking for many since they returned from war. They are experiencing emotion again, feeling joy and sharing laughter. Our Veterans are reconnecting with nature while enjoying all types of recreation in the outdoors. In the winter we have alpine and adaptive skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing and Nordic skiing. In the summer we have camping retreats, fishing, hiking, mountain biking, road biking, handcycling, swimming and paddle boarding. As our Veterans enjoy sports and learn new skills and learn to have fun again, many decide to make positive life changes.
They focus on being healthy and getting in shape. They are getting their life back and how great is that!
How you can help
- •Looking for sponsors for the Steve Young Ski Classic on March 1 – purchase a table or seats.
- •Donate on our website. No amount is to small
- •Inform the children, adults or veterans with special needs that you may know about our programs.