Good Things Utah Pin of the Week
Bakery Cupcakes from a Box!
Presented by: Shyloh Belnap
The pin that I found this week is here
This pin features changing a boxed cake to taste like a delicious cake found in the bakery. Here is what it tells you to do:
BAKERY BOXED CUPCAKE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Use the following ingredients for your cake:
- Add one more egg than the box calls for.
- Use melted butter instead of oil and double the amount.
- Use milk instead of water
- Add 2t of Vanilla
- Fill Cups 3/4 full
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees, then reduce the heat to 325 degrees when you insert the cupcakes, and bake for 25 minutes.
- To compare these recipes, I made some cupcakes that are exactly as the box has them and I made this recipe. I didn’t frost them because the frosting would have distracted from the actual taste of the cake!
- In comparing the two, they are just… different and I think it is almost a personal choice!
- The boxed cupcakes rise when you bake them and are definitely fluffy. The bakery cupcakes are much more rich and moist, but they don’t rise as much when cooked.
I think I am going to rate this PIN a success… but mostly because adding the extra ingredients just made me feel like a true baker :)
For detailed pictures and instructions, you can visit my blog.