Mother’s Day is Sunday May 11th….so this week and next we are going to be talking about gift ideas.
#1: The annual 99 cent geranium sale has arrived at Millcreek Gardens!
#2: Get beautiful pre-planted hanging baskets
#3: Pick your own plants and put together a container for Mom (or yourself…)
A. Pick your container – You can choose from Plastic, Ceramic, Terra Cotta – Really anything that you can put soil in and still has drainage.
B. Use soil not dirt – Millcreek Gardens offers a variety of different planting mixes
D. Play around with plants combinations & positions while they are still in their pots to visualize before you plant.
a. Start from the center with Thrillers
- i. Bauer’s Dracena Palm (spiky with firm structure)
- ii. Purple Fountain Grass “Rubrum” (will sway with the wind)
- i. Superbells “Apricot Punch” (come in a variety of colors – a great performer)
- ii. Sweet Potato Vine - Ipomea “Batatas Blackie”
- iii. Sweet Potato Vine - Ipomea “Margarite”
- i. Parrots Peak “Amazon Sunset (soft silver/grey/green foliage)
- ii. Geranium Brocade “Indian Dunes” (lime green foliage)
It’s a Great Day at Millcreek Gardens! www.MillcreekGardens.com