LiVe Well with Chef Josh from LDS Hospital does a twist on the typical BLT
Blackened Salmon BLT
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 (6 oz) salmon
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 8 Tbsp peach chutney
- 8 slices tomato
- 4 oz mixed greens
- 4 tsp cajun seasoning
- Place the bacon evenly on a baking sheet and place in a 350°F oven for around 12-14 minutes.
- While the bacon is cooking evenly season the salmon portions with the Cajun seasoning.
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Place the salmon in the pan and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes. Flip the salmon and allow to cook for another 3-4 minutes or until an internal temperature of 140°F is reached.
- Melt the butter in a pan and toast the bread until golden brown.
- When bacon is done cooking remove from the oven.
- Place the salmon on the bottom slice of bread followed by the lettuce and tomato. Top with the peach chutney. Place the Second slice of bread on top and slice the sandwich on the bias.
- 2 cups fresh peaches, peeled & diced
- 2¼ tsp brown sugar
- ¾ tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¾ tsp ginger puree'
- 2 tsp green onion, chopped
- Place all of the ingredients excluding the green onions together in a sauce pan over medium heat. Cook until the peaches are soft and starting to break apart.
- Let simmer for around 10 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- Remove the chutney from the heat and allow to cool. Stir in the green onions.
Copyright 2014 abc4.com Nexstar Broadcasting, All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.