Berry Cream Pie
Rich-tasting and luscious as cheesecake, but easier to make and "sugar-free."
Crust: 6 to 8 Graham Crackers
2 Tbsp. XyloSweet xylitol granules
5 Tbsp. melted butter
Filling: 1 pkg. unflavored gelatin
1¼ cups heavy cream
½ cup XyloSweet xylitol granules
1 pint strawberries, raspberries or blueberries
1 (8 oz) pkg. cream cheese (room temp.)
Garnishing: Fresh berries
1. Crumb biscuits with xylitol and melted butter in a food processor or by hand. Press the mixture into the bottom of a pie pan or spring form baking dish.
2. Dissolve the gelatin in a small amount of cold water (1 or 2 Tablespoons)
3. Pour heavy cream and xylitol into a thick-bottomed saucepan and simmer under low heat until the xylitol is dissolved.
4. Mix the dissolved gelatin into the cream/xylitol mixture - stir well to ensure that there are no lumps or undissolved gelatin in the mixture and remove from heat. Let cool slightly.
5. Puree the berries in a food processor or blender. Stir the fruit purée and cream cheese into the heavy cream mixture and whip to the consistency of thickened cream.
6. Pour into pie dish and refrigerate for about 3 hours, until firm.
7. Serve garnished with fresh berries.