Chef Debbie Iverson from Harmons joined us to share her most delicious ginger cookie recipe.
Soft Ginger Cookies
- 2 3/8 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup dark molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup crystallized ginger, chopped small
- 1 cup raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Sift dry ingredients together in bowl. Set aside.
- Using large stand mixer add butter and sugar. Cream together until light and creamy. Stir in molasses and egg. Add chopped ginger. Stir until mixed well. Add dry ingredients to wet mixture.
- Form 1 inch balls, roll into raw sugar coating entire cookie. Place on parchment paper-lined cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Whisk all ingredients until well mixed. Glaze while cookies are still warm.
This story includes sponsored content.
Serving people from all over the world.
A household staple for over 100 years.
Bye bye pesky fat cells!