Harmons Registered Dietitian, Genevieve Daly, shared four tips on eating to gain a "youthful glow."
1. Eat Your Healthy Fats
Omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids are essential for several of our body’s processes, such as brain function, but it is also what gives us healthy hair, glowing skin and strong nails.
2. Hydration is Key!
Water is critical for every single cell in the body and skin hydration is an indicator of aging, but hydrating doesn’t just refer to water. You can include sparkling water, teas, or fruits and vegetables with a high water content to reach your daily hydration needs.
3. Eat a Rainbow of Colors
There is compelling evidence that consuming fruits and vegetables lowers the risk of heart disease and stroke, but they can also help us when it comes to the physical signs of aging. The color of your fruits and vegetables actually means something in terms of the vitamins and phytonutrients they contain. Try to eat a variety of produce to better harness the powerful effects of their antioxidants and prevent free radicals from damaging your cells and increasing inflammation, both of which lead to aging.
4. The Power of Protein
Protein also has shown to benefit hair, skin and nails, so make sure to incorporate lean protein into your diet. Collagen has been popular recently due to its ability to provide structure to tissues, improve skin elasticity, and increase skin hydration.
Pomegranate and Walnut Chicken Salad
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup light mayo
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a medium sized bowl, combine yogurt, mayo, Dijon mustard and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add chicken, pomegranate seeds, walnuts, and celery. Add half of dressing, tossing to combine. Continue adding dressing a little at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve on Harmons 7 grain bread. Enjoy!
This story includes sponsored content.
Home ownership just got more affordable.
And the winner is...
What Form Med Spa has to offer.