- 1 (7 ounce package) pitted, dried figs, chopped
- ½ cup pitted, dried dates
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup super fine sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 ½ ounces dark chocolate, chopped fine
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using 2 tablespoons of butter, grease 8 (6 ounce) ramekins.
- Add figs, dates and water to medium saucepan. Bring to boil. Removed from heat and stir in baking soda. Let cool for about 10 minutes. Add to blender and puree. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl.
- Cream remaining butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time and beat well. Fold in flour mixture, pureed fig mixture and chocolate.
- Put the mixture into buttered ramekins, filling halfway or slightly under. Put in oven and bake 15 to 20 minutes.
- Prepare sauce by stirring the sugar, cream and butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Simmer unti sugar dissolves. Raise heat and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla paste.
- Remove ramekins from oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Unmold onto small serving plate. With knife but a cross in the top of puddings for the sauce.
- Pour the sauce into the cross in the center of each pudding, then pour more sauce over the puddings and allow to soak in. Top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Visit www.HarmonsGrocery.com for more recipes.
This story includes sponsored content.
Warning signs to watch for in teens.
The importance of public speaking and how to make money doing…
Doug Smith Subaru in American Fork offers an express service for your…