Bananas Foster Muffins
Chef Lesli Sommerdorf and Bob Harmon himself joined us with this spectacular Bananas Foster Muffins.
This recipe makes 12 muffins.
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 1/4 cups mashed overripe bananas
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 8 Tbsp dark rum, divided
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 ripe banana, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking oil.
To make the muffins, in a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. In another bowl, combine bananas, brown sugar, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, butter, milk, 2 tablespoons rum, and egg. Mix into the dry ingredients. Fill greased muffin pans 1/2 full.
To make the filling, in a bowl, combine the banana, brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Spoon teaspoons of filling into the center of each muffin. Fill muffin tins with remaining muffin batter. Bake until muffins are golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, 1/4 cinnamon and 6 tablespoons rum. Brush the glaze onto the muffins while still warm in the pan. Cool the muffins on a rack.
This story includes sponsored content.
A family favorite with a twist!
Finding the best outcome for your appearance.