Krista Numbers from Simplify Supper joined us today to share two delicious recipes with us that are simple and easy to make in comfort of your own kitchen!
Avocado and Strawberry Salad
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 avocados
- 8 ounces strawberries
- Whisk the lemon juice, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper together.
- Peel, seed and slice the avocados and strawberries.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the fruit salad. Serve immediately.
Homemade Butternut Squash Ravioli
- 1 cup mashed, cooked butternut squash
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package round wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, unpeeled
- Chopped fresh sage to taste
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
1. Place cooked squash into a mixing bowl. Add salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Stir in mascarpone cheese, egg yolk, and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, mixing until the filling is smoothly combined.
2. Place a wonton wrapper onto a working surface. Wet the tip of a finger in water, and run it all along the outer edge of the wonton skin to moisten. Place about 1 teaspoon of filling in the center of the wonton. Fold the wonton in half to make a half-moon shape, and press the edges to seal. Repeat with the remaining wonton wrappers.
3. Place a deep skillet over medium-low heat. Stir in butter and unpeeled clove of garlic. Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil.
4. Drop the filled raviolis into the boiling water, a few at a time, and cook until they float to the top, about 2 minutes. Drain the raviolis, and transfer them to the skillet. Turn the heat under the skillet up to medium-high, and cook just until the raviolis are infused with garlic flavor, about 2 or 3 more minutes.
5. Sprinkle with chopped sage, more black pepper, and extra Parmesan cheese to taste.
For more recipe ideas, you can visit simplifysupper.com for your next homemade dish!
This is sponsored content.
Stan Penfold the Executive Director at Utah AIDS…
Warning signs to watch for in teens.
The importance of public speaking and how to make money doing…