- 8 cups 1-1/4 inch chunks (or rounds with a melon baller) seedless watermelon (about 6 pounds)
- 3 pounds ripe heirloom tomatoes in assorted colors, cored, cut into 1-1/4 inch chances (about 6 cups)
- 1 teaspoon fleur de del of course kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped assorted fresh herbs of your choice (best fresh from the garden -- I use basil, mint and chives)
- 1 cup feta cheese (about 5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- Combine watermelon and tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with 1 tsp flour de sell or coarse kosher salt and toss to blend; let stand 15 minutes.
- Add vinegar, oil and herbs to mixture. Season to taste with pepper and more salt, if desired.
- Lightly toast sliced almonds in a saucepan in light butter or oil.
- Add feta cheese and toasted almonds and enjoy!'
It saves well in the fridge for a couple of days. If you are making ahead, you may need to reduce the liquid at the bottom of the bowl before serving.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.