Portion Size: 2 Each
- 1 Lb. ground turkey
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 - 1½ tsp ginger, pureed
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2½ tsp Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1½ tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp basil, chopped
- ½ Tbsp lime juice
- Heat the sesame oil on medium high heat in a large sauté pan. Break apart the turkey with a spoon and allow to cook until the turkey is cooked through.
- Add in the ginger, soy, fish sauce, chili sauce, garlic, lime juice and vinegar and allow to cook until the ingredients have cooked into the turkey.
- When finished take off the heat and stir in the fresh herbs.
- Place ½ cup of the turkey mixture into the butter lettuce and top with ¼ cup of the slaw.
Portion Size: ¼ Cup
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, sliced
- ¼ cup green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp ginger, pureed
- Combine the vegetables together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the oil, vinegar, soy sauce, and ginger and whisk together.
- Pour the dressing into the slaw mixture and toss to combine.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.