10/25/2017 - Halloween isn't all about sweet treats. When a delicious savory bite is in order, these frightening little sandwiches will make everyone scream with delight. They're made with a tempting pumpkin spread, making them taste as festive as they look. Shauna Havey joins Good Things Utah in the kitchen.
Super Scary Sliders
Makes 24 sandwiches
- 1 jar store bought pumpkin maple butter
- 1 Cup mayonnaise
- 24 slider buns (or dinner rolls), split
- 2 pounds assorted deli meats (turkey, ham, salami)
- 1 pound pre sliced assorted deli cheese, cut into triangles
- Assorted toppings for faces such as:
- mixed lettuce
- shredded cheese
- sliced green and black olives
- pickle slices
1. Mix the pumpkin maple butter and the mayonnaise.
2. Place the bottom buns on a serving platter and cover with pumpkin spread.
3. Place assorted meats onto the buns. You can roll up a slice of meat or fold it over to make it look like a tongue.
4. Place sliced cheeses on to sandwiches to resemble teeth. Top with lettuce and set top buns in place.
5. Use the shredded cheese for hair. Use toothpicks, olives, and pickles to make eyes and noses.
6. Pile sandwiches onto a platter or cake stand to serve. Alternatively, you can set all the ingredients out and allow your guests to design their own Super Scary Slider!