Emily from That's What I Eat joined us today to share one of her recipes from her Healthy Balanced Holidays Challenge. Visit www.thatswhatieat.com to learn more.
Simply Satisfying Carrot Soup
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1/2 of a medium onion, chopped small
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 4 cups chopped carrots
- 4 cups of water or broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Top with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt (optional)
- Saute onion and thyme sprig in butter or olive oil over medium high heat a few minutes until the onion starts to turn translucent.
- Add garlic and saute just a minute or two (garlic burns fast, so watch it closely).
- Add carrots and water and cook until carrots are soft.
- Remove thyme sprig and pulse with an immersion blender. Alternatively, you can puree in a blender or food processor. Be careful, this part is so hot! Make sure not to splash yourself with the hot liquid.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt in each bowl (optional).