Sheet Pan Chicken Quesadilla
Why stand at the stove assembling and flipping quesadillas when you can have them all ready at once in this spicy sheet pan version? Seasoned cooked chicken, green chilies, and jack cheese is layered between tortillas then baked in the oven for meal that's less like ordinary dinner and more like a fiesta.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 4 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 seven ounce can diced green chilies
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Cooking spray
- 4 burrito sized tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, grated, divided
- 1/2 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Sour cream and salsa for serving
1. Place the cooked chicken into a skillet with seasoning, cream cheese, green chills, and chicken broth. Heat and stir just until combined.
2. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray an 8 X 12 rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Place two of the tortillas onto the pan. They will cover all but the very corners of the sheet pan.
3. Scoop the chicken mixture onto the tortillas and spread it out evenly, all the way to the edges of the pan. Top the chicken with one cup of the Monterey Jack Cheese.
4. Place the remaining two tortillas on top and tuck the edges in.
5. Top with the remaining Monterey Jack cheese and the cheddar. Sprinkle the remaining spice blend over the quesadilla, then bake for about 12 minutes, just until the cheese is melted and the quesadilla is heated through.
6. Remove the quesadilla from the oven and top with fresh cilantro. Cut the quesadilla into 12 squares. Dollop with sour cream and salsa if desired and serve.