Emily Allen came to the kitchen today to teach us her perfect Valentines date night dinner, Salmon en Papillote. This no hassle recipe makes it so you and your date can enjoy the evening together, and not be worrying about a ton of cleanup.
- 4 pieces of parchment paper, about 15 inches square
- 4 salmon fillets
- 8 tablespoons high quality butter
- 1 large bunch asparagus
- 4 thinly sliced potatoes
- 1 thinly sliced lemon
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Fold each parchment sheet in half and cut in the shape of a large heart.
- Place 1/4 of the sliced potatoes on half of the parchment heart, then 1/4 of the asparagus.
- Season with salt and pepper and place 1 tablespoon butter on top of each pile of asparagus.
- Place salmon on top of asparagus in each packet. season with salt and pepper and add another tablespoon of butter.
- Top with rosemary sprig and lemon slices.
- Close and seal each packet by folding the edges all the way around.
- Place the packets on a rimmed baking sheet and place in oven.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Visit www.ThatsWhatIEat.com for more recipes.