and Sunny Side Up Egg
- ¾ Pound - Brussels Sprouts, stem removed and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 ½ TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 slices bacon, cut into ¼ inch strips
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 ½ TBSP prepared horseradish
- 4 eggs
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Toss the Brussels sprouts in the olive oil, 1 tsp salt, and ¼ tsp pepper. Place on cookie sheet and roast in a 375°F oven for 14-16 minutes or until tender.
- While the Brussels are roasting, heat a sauté pan on medium-high heat and cook the bacon until crispy. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Mix the sour cream and horseradish together and reserve.
- When the Brussels are done cooking remove from the oven and place in the sauté pan with the bacon. Return the pan to the heat and sauté on medium for around 1-2 minutes tossing to incorporate the bacon throughout the Brussels sprouts.
- While the Brussels and bacon are finishing, heat ¼ TBSP of the remaining oil in a non-stick sauté pan on medium heat. Crack one egg into the pan and let cook until the white is set but the yolk is still runny. Season with the remaining salt and pepper. Repeat this step with the remaining eggs.
- To plate, place the Brussels sprouts in a bowl and either drizzle the horseradish sour cream over the top or place it on the side. Place one of the over easy eggs on top of each bowl of Brussels sprouts.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.