EZ Peanut Butter Cookies
2 Cups C&H Light Brown Sugar
1 Cup Regular Salted Butter (Softened and cut up)
2 Large Eggs
2 teaspoons Vanilla
1 ½ Teaspoons Baking Soda
1 ½ Cups Chunky Peanut Butter (may substitute smooth peanut butter)
3 Cups All-purpose flour
(1)10oz package Reese’s mini pieces (separated into 1 Cup and 1/3 Cup) (May substitute regular Reese’s pieces)
(1) 14 oz can Dulce De Leche
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees convection or 325 degrees non-convection. In a large bowl thoroughly mix together the butter and brown sugar until the butter is completely incorporated into brown sugar.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and baking soda. Stir in the peanut butter. Then mix in the flour until it is approximately half way mixed in.
- Scrape down the bowl and manually scoop any unmixed flour from the bottom of the bowl onto the top of the dough.
- Mix in the Reese’s mini pieces.
- Place the cookie dough onto the baking sheet using a #40 Cookie Scoop or manually taking 2 T of dough making it into a ball.
- Slightly flatten the dough with your hands (so that the top of the dough is just barely level rather than round). Bake for approximately 20-23 minutes.* Cookies are “done” when the top of the cookie is cracked and the cookie slightly gives to the touch. Remove from oven.
- Let cookies rest on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then remove them and place onto a cooling rack. When the cookies are completely cool, place the Dulce de Leche in a microwave proof bowl and heat up until it is easy to spread with a spatula. Then spread each cookie with a thin layer of Dulce De Leche. Then take the remaining Reese’s mini pieces and place on top of each cookie.
This dough makes approximately 3 dozen cookies.
- If your oven is not convection, check the cookies at the 10 minute mark and rotate the tray or trays. Then continue baking.
The Utah State Fair is accepting recipe contest entries now thru August 29th!
To check out what contests you could enter, click here!
We'll see you at the state fair starting September 4th!!!
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.