Peach Queen Shawntae Lund is making Peaches & Cream Cupcakes from "Your Cup of Cake" by Lizzy Early
- 1 box white cake mix
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup melted butter, cooled
- 3/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon buttermilk
- 1/4 cup peaches, peeled, pitted and pureed
- 1 1/4 cup peaches chopped
- Cream Cheese Buttercream:
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- fresh peach slices for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Sift cake mix and cinnamon into a small bowl; set aside.
3. In a large bowls, combine eggs, melted butter, buttermilk, peach puree, and vanilla extract until smooth.
4. Add cake mix and cinnamon; stir until smooth
5. Fold in chopped peaches.
6. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 17 - 23 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cupcakes with pieces of fresh fruit in them sometimes take a little longer to bake, so be patient. Let cool completely.
7. For Cream Cheese Buttercream: beat butter and cream cheese for 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add vanilla extract. Slowly add powdered sugar until buttercream reaches the desired consistency.
8. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with a small slice of fresh peach.
Makes 20-24 cupcakes.
Peach Days is Friday and Saturday September 8th and 9th. Over 50K people come to Brigham City every year. Over 900 cars at their car show and it's FREE. Over 200 vendor booths including over 30 food vendors. Some peach dishes offered are: Peach Fritters, Dutch Oven peach cobbler, Fresh Peaches, Fresh Peach Pies, Peach Icecream, Peach Smoothies, and Peach Pulled Pork Tacos.
The Voice Male Acapella Group is performing on Saturday night at 7:30 p.m. a FREE Concert on the Main Street Stage. Parade is Saturday at 10 a.m.