Todd Davis, owner of Bona Vita Italian Restaurant at the Outlets at Traverse Mountain, joined us today with his executive chef Eduardo Alonso to share one of their Italian dishes.
They are currently hosting a "date night with your valentine" contest. Visit the Outlets at Traverse Mountain Facebook page for more details.
Pasta Allá Carbonara
- 3 oz Sliced ham
- 3 oz Frozen peas
- 5 oz Fresh mushrooms
- 1 tsp. Fresh garlic
- 8 oz. Heavy Cream
- 8 oz. Cooked spaghetti
- 2 oz Grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté ham and vegetables for 2-3 minutes until cooked.
- Add heavy cream, and let boil until it thickens.
- Add the spaghetti to the pan and then top with 1 oz of the cheese and crack the egg over the whole thing.
- Using tongs, stir the egg into the noodles and sauce quickly so that it cooks into the sauce.
- Add salt and pepper, plate, and garnish with the last ounce of the grated parmesan cheese.
This story includes sponsored content.