Chicken Chorizo & Warm Maple Syrup
Makes 5 Sandwiches
- 1 cup waffle mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup cold milk
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 lb ground chicken chorizo, formed into 1-inch patties (about 10)
Warm Maple Syrup
- Preheat a waffle maker. In large bowl, combine first six ingredients. Using a 1/4 measuring cup, ladle waffle batter into waffle maker. Use two squares of the whole waffle to make a single sandwich.
- While you are making the waffles, heat a skillet to medium-low heat. Add some olive oil to the pan and brown chicken chorizo for about 5 minutes on each side until all patties are cooked. Set aside.
- To serve: Sandwich the chorizo patties between two waffle wedges. Top with a chicken chorizo patty. Place another waffle wedge on top and serve with warm maple syrup
4641 South Cherry Street Salt Lake City, Utah 84123
Salt Lake City - 801-268-2332
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.